Apple has just released iOS 16 and you can now install the new update on your iPhone.
Apple has just released iOS 16 for all iPhone users and it is one of the best software updates in recent years. The new iPhone update can now be officially downloaded and we are going to tell you how can you install iOS 16 on your iPhone as fast as possible.
First of all, we have some recommendations to prepare your iPhone for the arrival of iOS 16. It is important that you have a backup recent in case there is any problem with the update, you must also have enough storage space free to download iOS 16.
How to install iOS 16 on your iPhone
First of all, you should check that your iPhone is compatible with iOS 16, several models that were compatible with iOS 15 are not compatible with iOS 16. If you have a iPhone 6s, the iPhone 6s Plus, the original iPhone SE, iPhone 7, or iPhone 7 Plusyou will not be able to install iOS 16.
We have two options to install iOS 16 on our iPhone, from a computer or from the iPhone itself. The first option is interesting for those who do not have enough storage on the iPhone. Simply open iTunes or Finder on macOS, tap on, and then tap Update iPhone.
However, the easiest option install iOS 16 on iPhone is doing it from the device itself. All you have to do is the following:
- Enter the application Settings.
- Now it’s on the barricade General.
- Go into Software update.
- Wait a few seconds and the update to iOS 16.
- tap on download now.
- The Iphone will start the download processIt may take a while since they are several GB and Apple’s servers can become saturated.
- When it finishes downloading, as long as you have more than 50% battery or you have the iPhone charging, you can touch on Install Now.
Main novelties of iOS 16
- The redesigned lock screen gives you new ways to customize your lock screen by displaying your favorite photos, customizing font styles, displaying widgets, and more.
- Multiple lock screens can be created and easily switch between them.
- The lock screen gallery offers personalized suggestions along with Apple-curated collections for your lock screen.
- Font and color options to customize the appearance of the date and time on the lock screen.
- Widgets on the lock screen display information at a glance, such as weather, battery levels, upcoming calendar events, and more
- A new effect places the subject of the photo in front of the time (iPhone XS and later)
- Photo styles change the color filter, tint, and font style of the photos on your lock screen to complement each other.
- Notifications appear at the bottom of the lock screen and can be displayed in an expanded list view, stacked view, or count view.
- You can link a lock screen to each focus mode, so you can activate a mode by switching to the corresponding lock screen.
- Focus filters hide distracting content in apps like Calendar, Mail, Messages, Safari, and third-party apps.
- Simplified setup makes it easier and faster to get started with Focus Mode, with personalized lock screen and home screen suggestions that include apps and widgets that are relevant.
- In Messages in iOS 16, you can edit a message up to 15 minutes after you send it, and recipients will see a record of your edits.
- Undo Send allows you to delete any sent message up to 2 minutes after sending it.
- Marking as unread makes it easy to return to a conversation later.
- SharePlay in Messages allows you to enjoy activities like watching movies, listening to music, playing games and more with friends while sending messages.
- Collaboration provides an easy way to invite others to collaborate on a file through Messages and get activity updates in the thread when someone makes an edit to a shared project.
- Improved search provides more accurate and complete results and suggestions as soon as you start typing.
- Undo Send allows you to undeliver a message within 10 seconds of pressing the send button.
- Scheduled sending allows you to schedule an email on a specific day and time.
- Tracking shows sent emails that haven’t been answered at the top of your inbox so you can quickly follow up.
- Remind Me allows you to schedule a date and time to receive a reminder for a specific email.
Safari and access keys
- Shared tab groups allow you to share a set of tabs with others and see the tab group update instantly as you work together.
- Tab group home pages can be customized with different background images and bookmarks for each tab group.
- Pinned tabs in tab groups allow you to pin frequently visited websites for each tab group.
- Safari web page translation adds Turkish, Thai, Vietnamese, Polish, Indonesian, and Dutch languages.
- Access keys provide support for an easier and more secure login method to replace passwords.
- Syncing access keys through iCloud Keychain makes your access keys available on all your Apple devices while keeping them end-to-end encrypted.
In addition to all these novelties, we find so cool feature enhancements such as Live Text, Visual Search, Siri, Maps, Portfolio, Home, Health, or Family Sharing. iOS 16 is a system full of improvements that you can already try.