Sony shows up every few months with a new showcase highlighting titles coming to PlayStation platforms. While fans waited for a playstation display Since the State of Play presentations took place in March and June, Sony decided to hold another State of Play on September 13 before the Tokyo Game Show to highlight games coming to PS4, PS5, and PlayStation VR2. Since June’s State of Play featured street fighter 6, Final Fantasy XVI and the remake Resident Evil 4this presentation had a lot to accomplish.
While it wasn’t that impressive, it lasted 20 minutes and with 10 games, each title shown seemed intriguing in its own way. In particular, we take a look at the next Tekken game and an exciting trailer. from God of War: Ragnarok ahead of its November release. This is every announcement PlayStation made during the September 2022 State of Play.
Tekken 8 announced for PS5
The announcement that started the show was Tekken 8. We’ve seen some cutscenes and gameplay with Jin Kazama and Kazuya Mishima, and it looks as impactful and satisfying as ever. In a PlayStation Blog post, Katsuhiro Harada explained that this content was taken directly from the game’s story mode and runs at 50 frames per second. It does not have a release date but it is confirmed for PS5.
Like an Ishin Dragon! finally comes to the West with a remake
Rya Ga Gotoku: Ishin is getting the full remake treatment. This game was released for PS3 and PS4 in the early 2010s but never made it to North America or Europe as the Yakuza series was not yet popular in the West at the time. is now titled Like a Dragon: It was! remade with Unreal Engine 4, and will be released for PS4 and PS5 in February 2023.
God of War looks great and is getting a themed DualSense controller
Wrapping up the show, Sony revealed that a limited edition DualSense wireless controller based on the upcoming God of War game will launch on November 8 before providing a deeper look. from God of War: Ragnarok. We saw more interactions between Kratos, Tyr, and Atreus, as well as new gameplay with the awesome fantasy enemies and set pieces that players will encounter throughout the game. God of War: Ragnarok It launches on November 9.
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge Enhanced Edition comes to PlayStation VR2.
- Demeo comes to PlayStation VR2.
- Hogwarts Legacy is receiving a PlayStation exclusive mission.
- pacific unityIronwood Studio’s debut game, was announced.
- Sony explained how PlayStation Stars works and confirmed that it will begin rolling out to various regions later this month.
- Bandai Namco announced a new mecha game called Sinduality.
- PlayStation will publish star bladewhich debuted at last year’s PlayStation Showcase as eve Project, and will launch in 2023.
- Sony Interactive Entertainment will publish Rise of the Ronin from Koei Tecmo Games’ Team Ninja as a PS5 exclusive in 2024.